A Green Juice Diet Plan That Will Change The
Way You Look & Feel In Under 2 Weeks
For sure, one of the most popular types of diets today is the green juice diet. There are plenty of good reasons for that as well. The nutrition factor in a green juice is unmatched and it will literally clean out your body of toxins and “rinse” your blood! Green juice is a powerful component for your body and we’ll get into more of that below but for now, let’s look at a green juice diet plan that will be catered to you and easy to follow.
Take a look at this green powder if you’d like to check out a fantastic addition to your green juice diet or something that’s perfect just on its own! (A new window will open)
First, you need to decide how long you’ll want to do a green juice diet. This can be anywhere from 2 days up to a month or more! Keep in mind it takes someone in a healthy state to clean out their body, quicker than someone who has been eating and living an unhealthy lifestyle for years.
If you’ve never done a juice diet before, I suggest you start small. Anywhere between 2-10 days. Personally, I recommend 10 days. The first 5 or so days can be difficult on your body and may make you feel worse than you did before you started. But once you get past that hump, you’ll be feeling amazing and by day 10 you’ll see a significant difference!
It’s smart to talk to your Dr. before you start a fast like this if you plan on going more than 2 days. If you’re super fit and healthy a 5 day fast should be fine. More than 5, just make sure your Dr. says you’re in fine condition to do this.
Like I mentioned above, be prepared for your body to be angry with you while it starts to get rid of all the toxins in your gut and blood. It’s literally washing you from the inside out. You may feel sluggish and depleted the first few days. This is completely normal. It’s something you need to get past, to earn the benefits!
Prepare & Arrange For Your Green Juice Diet
You can’t just wake up one morning and decide you’re going to start this. It’s going to take some planning on your part. Don’t worry, it isn’t much but you do want to make sure you’re prepared.
- First, clear out your kitchen cabinets of all food items. At the very least, all bad food items. You don’t want to be tempted to grab anything while you’re on a juice diet.
- If you’re living with anyone, let them know you’re going to be doing this. Ask them to support you and not to tempt you into making a wrong turn over the next few days that you’re on the fast.
- Make sure you have nothing planned for at least the first 2 or 3 days. These are the days you’re likely to feel at your worst. You’re not going to be wanting to attend a wedding, feeling the way you do. Relax. Stay put and let your body detox for a few days with a clear schedule.
- Go shopping in advance. You don’t want to have to run out every day for fruits and veggies. It will get annoying and you’ll give up before you even get started. I recommend having at least 3 days worth of food, ready to blend. No more than 5 days because then it starts getting old and limp. (that’s what she said)
- A day or 2 before you start your green diet, try eating very light meals and drink a lot of water. At least a gallon a day. The more the better. Don’t eat big meals like pasta or beef. Stick with things like soup and plain grilled chicken.
- Get a recipe index together or write them down yourself. Do a Google search for some green juice recipes and check out a great juice recipe here! Be prepared with 5-10 or so, go to recipes to try, so you’re not fumbling wondering what to make. Make this as easy on yourself as possible.
Green Juice Diet & Recipe
OK, you’re ready! You’ve got everything you can think of set up and prepared for your first day! Awesome! Most people don’t even make it this far, so give yourself a high-five 🙂
The night before, eat your last meal by 6pm if you can. Then drink nothing but water until bedtime. You’ll want to start your first green juice, the next morning.
Starting in the morning will set yourself up for the rest of the day. Remember, you’re aiming for relaxation the first few days. Take it easy. You deserve this!
- Throughout the day, drink 4 juices. If you’re feeling hungry, drink more. Between each juice consumption, be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Along with water, you may also have tea. Something to calm your stomach those first few days like mint tea, licorice tea or chamomile tea will all help with your digestion.
- Avoid food for the entire time you’re doing the juice diet. It will be difficult at first but stick with it!
- Your juices should contain 2 vegetables, 1 Green (Kale, Spinach, etc) and a fruit to help with flavor. Good choices are apples, lemons, bananas… Also, add things like ginger root or if you like spicy, cayenne pepper.
Here’s a perfect start:
( A popular green juice made famous by Joe Cross )
- 1 cucumber
- 1 good bunch of Kale
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/2 lemon (rind on ok)
- one small knob (about ½ inch or less) of ginger root
- 2 granny smith apples (gala is good too)
Juice all ingredients and enjoy. This makes approximately 2 glasses. The lemon and ginger make the taste of the kale disappear.
Green Juice Diet Plan F.A.Q.
Q: How much weight will I lose on a 5-day juice diet?
A: It’s impossible to say exactly how much weight you’ll lose but you can expect between 1 and 2 pounds per day. A lot of that will be water and the back up of gook that was sitting in your intestines and colon.
Q: Can I use more fruits than vegetables?
A: It’s not a good idea to use more fruits than vegetables. Fruits will speed up the detoxifying process and you’ll feel terrible with headaches, shakes, and nausea.
Q: Can I use a blender for this diet or does it have to be a juicer?
A: You’ll want to use a juicer. A blender leaves behind pulp which takes time to break down and leaves behind the gross stuff we’re trying to rid of. If you are against a juicer we suggest looking at a blender like this one. It’s important to have the right blender for the job of juicing. Also, you’ll need to use cheesecloth if you decide to blend. No matter what blender you use.
Q: Can I make a big pitcher and store it to use throughout the day?
A: Sort of. It’s always best to consume the juice as close to the juicing process as possible. But if you need to store it, make sure it’s in an air tight container and kept in the refrigerator. A dark container is best. Don’t store it for more than 10 hours.
What To Expect From A Green Juice Diet
During the first few days of your program, you should expect to feel queasy. Lightheadedness, dizziness, and upset stomach are all common side effects while your body expels the toxins it’s built up over time. You’ll also most likely spend a bit of time in the bathroom. Another good reason not to make plans your first 2 or 3 days starting this.
Even with all the above mentioned, keep in mind, it’s all good news. feeling ill is part of a sign that your body and green juice are working together. You’re off to a fantastic start!
Once you pass the stages of feeling ill, you’ll be greeted with a clear, fresh mind along with a feeling of being ALIVE! Your energy levels will sore. You’ll feel like a brand new person 🙂
I really hope this page has helped or at the very least given you some on how a green juice diet can accomplish beating the obstacles in your way.
Please leave your question or comment below. I read and respond to all comments.